About the HDSID
The HDSID is a public-private partnership through which property owners and business owners have a direct impact on Historic Downtown Jersey City neighborhoods and their development. HDSID works with local businesses, property owners and neighborhood associations in conjunction with the City government to promote the area, improve the services provided and undertake any and all activity to make Historic Downtown Jersey City a better place to live, work and visit.
- A cleaner, safer an more attractive business district
- A steady and reliable funding source for supplemental services & programs
- The ability to respond quickly to changing needs of the business community
- The potential to increase property values, improve sales and decrease commercial vacancy rates
- A district that is better able to compete with nearby retail and business centers
A SID assessment is a fee that each property owner pays to support the operations of the SID. The sum of all the individual assessments comprises the total yearly assessment of the SID, and underwrites most, if not all, annual operating expenses.